SunOpta Production Maintenance Mechanic II in Allentown Facility, Pennsylvania
Job Title: Production Maintenance Mechanic
FLSA Status (US): Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
This position is available for a qualified individual with proven maintenance skills. Responsibilities include efficient maintenance and repair on mixing, processing, packaging and utility equipment. The successful candidate will perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. They will also assist with other projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
Follow company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
Ensure that all production lines/equipment is set up and operable prior to each production day
Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
- Repair, install, adjust and maintain machines. Perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Maintain work and shop area in a clean and organized fashion. Stock tools, parts and supplies.
- Daily documentation of work performed utilized a CMMS.
- Maintain complete maintenance records and PM schedules for all equipment and facilities.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Use equipment such as: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment. PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Recommend equipment modifications to improve the process, productivity and finished product quality.
- Analyze performance issues related to equipment, tear down inspect components and replace as needed
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine root cause and repair safely in a timely manner.
- DMAIC, Design, measure, analyze, implement and control mechanical process improvements.
- Generate parts request to ensure adequate inventory.
- Practice continuous improvement concepts in all aspects of equipment and facility maintenance.
- Participate in locating critical spares in the market for those items not in inventory.
- Implement factory recommended equipment maintenance schedules and develop schedules for areas where none exist.
- Train and Coach Associates on technical and procedural duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a self-starter capable of working in a team-based environment.
Education / Experience
Must possess at least one or more of the following: vocational school certification, 2-year technical degree, or minimum 4 years’ experience in a production or manufacturing environment. Knowledge and practiced skills in the areas of mechanical principles, fluid power, and electrical troubleshooting and repair are basic requirements for this position. DAIRY EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations in English.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
To perform in this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of business software, and manufacturing software (HMIs, PLCs, and manufacturing controls).
Must be able to work flexible hours.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of systems having a high level of instrumentation and automation. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with COGZ and/or Oracle is preferred.
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-PA-Allentown Facility
Work Locations: Allentown Facility (4057) 7108 Daniels Drive Allentown, 18106
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2018, 11:30:22 AM
Req ID: 18000059