SunOpta Production Supervisor in Allentown Facility, Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for providing supervision and direction to all production staff on their designated shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises production laborers and directs forklift drivers by planning departmental activities to meet corporate objectives, organizing the work activities to accomplish the planned activities, directing and developing employees by providing formal and informal performance planning and assessment including disciplinary actions when needed.
- Ensures continuity of production lines and production of quality products by scheduling assigned shifts, coordinating placement of raw ingredients and packaging materials, ensuring crew members are properly placed and inform leads which lines will be running.
- Enforces plant safety regulations by monitoring employee conduct, ensuring that all employees are properly trained and disciplining employees for unsafe acts and for not following safety rules.
- Investigates work-related accidents that occur within his/her scope of responsibility and completes required reports and paperwork. Identifies safety hazards and sees that they are corrected as quickly as possible.
- Monitors levels of supplies (janitorial, sanitation, GMP materials) and orders when necessary by generating a P.O. and submitting to appropriate vendors.
- Coordinates physical inventories by scheduling labor, keying in obtained information and emailing to Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensures that plant is reliably consistent with customer specifications ensuring plant is up to sanitation standards in collaboration with QA Manager.
- When required, performs in a cross-functional role in other areas. May act as a Production Lead when needed.
- Coordinates activities of operation between departments.
- Direct all hourly production personnel on designated shift.
- Supervises employees to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Schedule and conducts production meetings with shift personnel.
- Oversees and or conducts shift training of new or existing employees.
- Oversees the management of shift production personnel including appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and documenting all safety/accident incidents
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A college degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Five years related supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility.
Knowledge and Skills
- Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of food manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software.
- Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position works hand in hand with the production staff and 95% of the time will be spent on the production floor.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-PA-Allentown Facility
Work Locations: Allentown Facility (4057) 7108 Daniels Drive Allentown, 18106
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: May 8, 2018, 4:27:25 PM
Req ID: 1800007H